Early training and exposure is so very important for puppies!
So you’ve just obtained a new puppy and as caring owners you wish to provide him/her with the best nutrition, best veterinary care and best opportunities in life – and so you should!
But what about the all important manners and socialisation??
Puppy Kindergarten not only teaches your puppies basic obedience skills and general manners, but also offers a *Broad-Spectrum socialisation program to help build a confident, happy puppy.
Puppy Kindergarten is ideal for puppies from 8 weeks of age, with the puppies continuing to train in the puppy classes until they reach 6 months of age.
What your pup will learn and can become proficient in at Puppy Kindergarten
- Loose lead walking
- Recall (come when called)
- Leave (leave things alone)
- Watch me (get the pup’s attention)
- Canine Etiquette (teaches puppies how to properly approach another puppy or human and play nicely)
- Socialisation skills
*Broad Spectrum refers to the vast array of items, sounds and noises we will slowly expose your puppy to during the socialisation sessions. These include, but are not limited to:
- Environment: covering everything from sounds, movement, noises, surfaces, heights etc
- Going through doorways without pulling or forging
- Etiquette around humans (greet without jumping)
- Separation exercises: getting puppies used to being left alone for short periods
- Puppy Playtime
- General tips and advice on housetraining, mouthing, jumping etc
The other important things you need to know about Puppy Kindergarten
- Your pup must have commenced his/her vaccinations in order to attend
- Your pup remains training in the Puppy Kinder level until the age of 6 months old
- This is NOT a 4 or 5 week type course. It’s for those that wish to go beyond a short course with their puppies and is structured for longer term training goals, teaching all obedience skills correctly. This is the ‘real deal’ when it comes to training your young puppy.
Classes are run each Saturday morning at our Keilor Downs venue at 9.30am for 1 hour.
Our fee structure is very simple…we have a 3 month membership with no joining fees or weekly fees ! Just a single fee to cover you for a 3 month term.
Discounts available on membership renewals and if enrolling more than 1 dog.
Our instructors will always be willing and able to assist you with many other aspects of puppy training as well.
Interested in enrolling your puppy with us for Puppy Kindergarten??
Bookings for Information Sessions for our Keilor Downs venue now being taken.
Current available Information Session dates:
- Saturday 19th January 2019
- Saturday 2nd February 2019
**Social Walk and Puppy Activities day at Brimbank Park, Saturday 24th November 2018. Details on our Facebook Page! **
Don’t panic if you cannot make any of these sessions, we run Information Sessions every Saturday morning after these dates….however bookings are essential.
Note: Due to being at capacity, we will not be taking any more aggressive/reactive dog enrolments for this year! We apologise for the inconvenience.
Contact Us to book in for any Information Session at Keilor Downs.
0412 523 998 or 0408 145 758